Blog
Updates
About
Archives
Tour
Friends
Talk
Credits
layout by soulkarma

Blog & Mini-Site...

Rambles, ponderings, rants, and nonsense...



:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Monday, September 26, 2005

Dear God,

Thank you for keeping us safe (from Hurricane Rita)... and alive! Houston is spared! Although we still have gas and food shortages (food as in bread, canned goods, etc.)...

Dear Friends,

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers... And thank you for helping us in this time of need.

In a nutshell (from last week):

Wednesday - went home about 4ish pm from school; traffic was bumper-to-bumper-jammed going I-45 N; packed.

Thursday - 4 am when I woke up; 5 am drive to Spring, Texas (northwest suburban Houston), where my paternal grandparents and my aunt live; it took us 5 and 1/2 hours to get there, because we wanted to avoid I-45 N; stayed overnight; read A Durable Fire by Virginia Bernhard for history class' book report; glad I've finally finished it by Friday before we left.

Friday - 12 pm, finally left Houston; checked maps and found ways to avoid I-45 N as well as the Metro Bus from Bellaire that exploded and created more traffic; arrived at Amarillo, Texas at 10:30 pm much to my aunt, uncle, and cousins' teary relief that we were all okay; slept overnight.

Saturday - slept and rested; ate great homemade food; watched cable TV (I miss having cable!); went to the end of a football game (at least my cousin's high school won their homecoming game); chilled, chatted, etc.

Sunday - 10 am church; eat out at Golden Corral; left Amarillo at 3 pm; made a few stops, especially at Fort Worth to see my other cousins.

Monday - 2:30 am, finally home, tired as ever... Went to bed at 5 am (I love my comfy bed! I missed it!)

If we'd stayed in Amarillo longer, I would've gone with my cousin to her college and go to classes with her... and I would've gone to the movies and hung out, etc.

But I guess my dad was homesick. And he wanted to go home.

Anyway, the things I absolutely miss:

1) Being a blogger lurker and avid reader. I'm just so upset with how I can't visit everyone on my buddy list as often. And I miss everybody!! I go home dog-tired from school, work, and chauffeuring people everywhere... I'm robbed of sleep and leisure time... But I have to work to pay for gas for my car and my tuition...

2) Working on my lovely mini-website!! *cries*

Well, where I live from what I've heard and read from the news, there were fallen trees and power lines (?) and an apartment complex that was on fire... but other than that, everything's all okay.

Right now, I'm so glad my relatives from Port Arthur (this is one of the places where Hurricane Rita hit the hardest...) are all okay... And they're here now at my house. They really look exhausted and hungry. Poor things. I can't believe the stories they're telling me: flooding, roofs flying off, etc...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your concern. *huggles*

Will post a happier entry later. :)

// rambled by A~Lotus at 8:50:00 PM
Atom Feed :||:

Back to the top



:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

© Kathy Nguyen, 2000-present.
All rights reserved, unless if noted otherwise.


Back to the top

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Lotus Love...





Back to the top

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

© Kathy Nguyen, 2000-present.
All rights reserved, unless if noted otherwise.