Blog
Updates
About
Archives
Tour
Friends
Talk
Credits
layout by soulkarma

Blog & Mini-Site...

Rambles, ponderings, rants, and nonsense...



:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Edited for the 3rd time (because I'm a scholarly perfectionist)...

Happy Greetings to my fellow friends! My gosh, it's August already! I know, I've been on another monthly hiatus yet again. (Yes, Angel, I know you're supposed to be the one disappearing often INSTEAD of me. LOL.) Thank you, everyone, for still lurking by my site to amuse me. *huggles* Ah, friends... *sniffles & wipes tears* You all are the best!

Anyway, here are some recent happenings:

- My maternal? grandfather at the nursing home near my house (Does that make any sense? He was my mother's father.) has just recently passed away on the 10th of this month. He looked just like a baby, sleeping so peacefully. He didn't even look like he's dead in the casket. Everything seemed so surreal when I went through the whole thing and when I heard the news... Anyway, I'll miss him.

- Family reunions are just so overwhelming. Sometimes, I keep forgetting how HUUUUGGGEEE my extended family is.

- My sister's birthday was yesterday. I'm so glad she liked her present. I gave her a certain manga book she wanted plus a nice bookbag to get a head start on college. Hehe. :-p

- My self-paced, self-taught GRE practices have been put on hold, and so did my summer psychology research. (I'm going to have to email my professor and tell him about the reasons why I couldn't finish my research. I'm going to have to turn in my stuff late.)

- I bought my school books today. I'm set for back to school. However, I'm going to return 2 books and get them at Borders instead (the one at Kirby & W. Alabama), 'cause they're cheaper. I'd already tried Ebay and Half.com---all still too expensive. Besides, these books I'll use for one semester! I know for sure that I'm not going to need them in the future! So, why buy things new? LOL.

- I did a lot of exploring/driving around where I live now---just to get used to where I'm living now. (I live smack in the middle of the boundaries between Friendswood and Pasadena.) Unfortunately for me, I keep driving back to my old house, then mentally smacking my forehead, and feeling stupid, realizing that I don't live there anymore!! Arrgh. LOL. It's so silly...

- Gas prices are almost reaching 3 bucks a gallon... while Iraqis pay 6 cents a gallon. I'm disappointed. Maybe I should start driving/buying those hybrid fuel-and-gas efficient cars...

- I start school on the 29th (Yay!)... *sigh* Will someone PLEASE switch places with me? I'm soooo bored (intellectually and perhaps physically). I think it's because I'm jobless. If I don't have something productive to do, I'm extremely bored. Hey, it really isn't my fault that I can't get a job. I had plenty of job offers, but I had to turn them down, because it just wouldn't work with my schedule. I have to work around everybody's schedules. And if you're the eldest sister, who has to be the substitute "mother" of the house while both parents are at work, then it's hard to ever get a job---or EVEN a part-time job. Talk about me going crazy. So... I have been applying to lots of random places...

- I live in Houston all my life and I still do not understand why the weather can simultaneously raining while the sun is burning bright. Plus, it makes driving hard---or rather, driving blindly.

- Everyone should be on FaceBook (I'm not sure if non-United States colleges are allowed.) and/or on MySpace. These two places are fun!

- I miss you all, and what's more, I miss reading your entries, because you all are very wonderful and amusing writers. I'm going to have a Post-It Note and give a trophy for each of you, with one word describing why I like reading your blogs/sites. Yeah... maybe I should do that. *smiles*

Well, mes amis. Love you! Take care! And thanks for coming by and leaving wonderful greetings and comments! *huggles*

Until next time (hopefully not a month later)...

A~Lotus

P.S. I'll stop by everyone's sites/blogs as soon as I can. I have so much catching up to do! And I've missed you guys so much!

// rambled by A~Lotus at 10:30:00 PM
Atom Feed :||:

Back to the top



:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

© Kathy Nguyen, 2000-present.
All rights reserved, unless if noted otherwise.


Back to the top

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Lotus Love...





Back to the top

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

© Kathy Nguyen, 2000-present.
All rights reserved, unless if noted otherwise.