Blog
Updates
About
Archives
Tour
Friends
Talk
Credits
layout by soulkarma

Blog & Mini-Site...

Rambles, ponderings, rants, and nonsense...



:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Racial issues like this always bug the heck out of me:

I was watching the news a couple of days ago about this school district in Texas(?) that distributed the yearbooks out to students. And on this certain photograph, it shows all of the Honor students. Unfortunately, if you read the caption below this photo, one of the names of the students is "Black Girl." (She was the only black/African-American girl in this photo, but that doesn't mean her name should be labeled that way! *shakes fists*)

The yearbook company must have someone on its staff with a sick, twisted, and disrespectful mind and heart. And the school itself plans to take back all of the yearbooks and have that company fix it! (It created a controversial issue as you can see. Everyone didn't know that that happened until after the yearbooks were distributed.)

Yeah, would that make anyone mad if they replace your name with something offensive in the yearbook?


Anyway, this is my LAST post coming from home. By the end of this week, I'm gone. Hectically (if that's a word), my sister's grad day is also on Saturday, there's also a small grad party for her (actually, we're planning an eat-out at some all-you-can-eat Oriental buffet), moving out last minute heavy load/stuff is also on Saturday, and my out-of-town relatives are also planning to come down to Houston all on Saturday. In addition to this, no more Internet for God knows how long... Plus bye-bye phone-line...

Summer school for me starts after Memorial Day. I'm taking a Creative Writing class that concentrates on Poetry as a part of my Creative Writing minor.

Work for me starts on June 4th. Hopefully, those folks better call soon, because the phone line will be disconnected fairly soon.

And I'm still waiting for my psych prof to email me about my research project over the summer... *shrug*

And then my sister's Freshman Orientation is on June 2th-3rd. She's going to UH! And on June 11th, my brother's taking his ACT.

And the list goes on...

Did I mention that I wish I could just duplicate myself whenever I feel it's necessary? I cannot save the world all within 2 weeks or less!!

Wish me luck that nothing goes wrong, and wish me luck that I am able to do all of the above stuff and to survive it at least!

But I'll miss you guys! *huggles* I'll come back again for bloghops, okay? *smiles*

And if it happens that I do bloghop to your lovely sites/blogs, it's because I'm using the net at school... (Shhh, don't tell anyone. I'm doing my "homework." *wink*)

Signing off now!

Happy summer days!

Love,

A~Lo

// rambled by A~Lotus at 10:11:00 AM
Atom Feed :||:

Back to the top



:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

© Kathy Nguyen, 2000-present.
All rights reserved, unless if noted otherwise.


Back to the top

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Lotus Love...





Back to the top

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

© Kathy Nguyen, 2000-present.
All rights reserved, unless if noted otherwise.